We’re world-class in wind power
Over 40 years, our teams have successfully delivered 591 projects around the world, a total of 5 GW.
Working together, we’ll accompany you from first concepts to the turnkey handover of your wind farm. You can also benefit from ongoing development, commercial, and technical asset management.
Get help navigating the energy policy and regulation landscape in the UK and Ireland. We purchase project rights at all stages of development and support you through every phase, in any role you want to actively assume. Please contact us for more details and to begin working together for solutions and collaborative success.
Bring global experience, reach, and knowledge to your wind power project. As wind energy increasingly becomes subsidy free, we help you work with local communities, landowners and authorities, to secure long-term success.
Expert partners with global perspective
Our solutions can be perfectly tailored to the requirements of key groups, including:
- Public utilities managers
- Project developers
- Community wind farm managers
- Local authorities
We are active in Ireland
Having been active in the Republic of Ireland since 2019, we are proud to continue our expansion there. Our strong balance sheet and experience in dozens of power markets around the world means we have global expertise combined with local experience.
From ideation to development and operation, let us help unlock your next big opportunity. For more information, contact our development manager in Ireland.
FAQs about Wind Project Developments
- Can I farm my land while it is under option to the developer?
Yes, the landowner can still farm the land during the option period with no effect on current farm practices.
- Can I farm my land while it is under lease to the developer?
Livestock will be able to graze in and around the wind turbines. The only possible restriction may be woodland or forestry initiatives in the vicinity of the turbines, but we can analyse potential impacts and determine what would be acceptable.
- How long does the development process take and why?
The steps to development of the project are outlined below:
- Agreement on option and lease arrangements: typically six months
- Environmental survey work and preparation of EIA and planning application; 1 or 2 years depending on duration of bird survey requirements
- Development of connection arrangements, grid connection application and offer acceptance – 6-12 months and undertaken in parallel with planning work above.
- How long is the construction period?
Typically 12 months.