Project development and realisation
Whether you are looking to develop a project or sell your project rights, we are your reliable, innovative partner in the engineering, financing, realisation and construction of solar parks. Depending on your unique needs, we accompany you throughout the life of your project, from the initial idea to turnkey handover. Given our significant experience in professional project engineering and cooperation with communities, landowners and local authorities, we help you make the best possible use of time and available space.
Our project development services
- Site analysis and assessment
- Greenfield project planning
- Yield simulations
- Preparation and creation of applications for approval, including the necessary attachments
- Approval planning
- Assistance with the approval process
- System engineering (electrical and module assignment planning)
- Scheme design and construction issue design
- Cooperation with local developers and design engineers
- Acquisition of project rights at every stage of development
- Assistance with joint regional projects
Project acquisition and cooperation
Are you interested in selling your project rights quickly? Or do you need a strong partner to help finance your project through to construction readiness? We buy project rights at all stages of development and – as required – offer further collaborative support.
In some countries, projects come to fruition through a tendering process. We can help you navigate this system with our extensive experience and financial strength, both of which are vital when tendering for a project. Please get in touch with us to find out more and begin your path to success.
FAQs about Solar Project Development
- Can I farm my land while it is under option to the developer?
Yes, the landowner can still farm the land during the option period with no effect on current farm practices.
- Can I farm my land while it is under lease to the developer?
The land area where the solar project has been constructed will need to be maintained e.g. grass and hedges. Sheep will be able to graze in and around the solar PV panels. Land areas that are not part of the project can still be farmed.
- How long does the development process take and why?
The steps to development of the project are outlined below:
1. Agreement on option and lease arrangements: typically six months
2. Planning application assembly and submission for planning approval: typically nine months (seasonal dependencies)
3. Development of connection arrangements, grid connection application and offer acceptance
- How long is the construction period?
A solar farm is typically constructed in three to six months. This is made possible by BayWa r.e. offsite engineering of the project to minimise the time frame.