Demand for renewable electricity powered by solar is increasing - but have you thought about how you can extract the most benefit from this market opportunity?
Repowering your photovoltaic installations by using the latest technology to modernise and optimise your PV plant can considerably improve its availability and production. This will deliver a significant, improved return on your investment.
In addition to improved plant performance, you will also benefit from a reduction in intervention costs, with latest-generation components and equipment, and new possibilities in terms of operation and maintenance.
Tap into the expertise available from BayWa r.e.
Repowering or revamping your PV installations is the key both to unlocking their long-term earning potential and prolonging their service life.
Why not explore the options for repowering - replacing photovoltaic panels and/or inverters in a solar energy plant currently in operation? Or explore whether revamping a specific element or elements at your installation will deliver long-term benefits? Our BayWa r.e. experts can be your guide for all your repowering projects, with tailor-made solutions that will be a perfect fit for your needs.
Our technical team in the UK and Ireland has more than 100 years combined experience in developing, managing and operating renewable energy projects, working with customers to build long-term relationships built on trust and transparency.
Our recent repowering projects in the UK are helping our clients to drive and deliver the economical, low-carbon power generation - contributing to carbon reduction targets.
We are delighted with the outcome of the repowering project at Kingston Farm and look forward to optimised asset performance, the increased lifespan of the asset and a successful long term financial model for the plant.
Our repowering services in detail
- Drawing up optimised electrical and mechanical designs and a comprehensive completion plan
- Supply of PV modules, junction boxes, cables, structural inverter elements, HV transformers and switchgear
- Management of equipment transport and storage
- Contract management: managing all risks during the procurement and construction phase, transfer of ownership and guarantees associated with the SPV on commissioning
- Site set-up (base-lights, installations for the works, etc.)
- Dismantling defective/outdated PV modules and storage/packaging
- Managing PV module recycling
- Adapting structures, installing and connecting new PV modules
- Works management and safety guarantor
- Tests and commissioning
- Waste management
How we can help you further
- General Engineering
Whatever your project design, you can rely on BayWa r.e.’s engineering team to deliver quality service and support throughout.
They’ll help you create a tailored design based on the following:
- Project diagnosis (analysing historical data)
- Optimising production and reducing operational and maintenance costs
- Analysing authorisation permits and current contracts
- Technical specifications
- Site location (impact of shadows) and topography
- Optimising occupied land
With years of experience in the sector, we are able to use the power of our established, tried and tested network of trusted companies to select the right suppliers, subcontractors and contract management support that’s required for your project.
- Reliable network of trusted suppliers and companies
- Choice of local contractors where relevant and possible (electrical, civil engineering works, fencing, etc.)
- Supply of construction services (solar EPC)
- Subcontracting construction services for the different batches – drafted and negotiated by the construction team, supported by the legal department if required
- On-site kick-off meeting with all parties involved in the construction phase, prior to starting the works
Coordination and construction
We guarantee on-going quality control and meticulous work throughout the project.
- On-site coordination between external service providers and BayWa r.e. teams
- Weekly progress and results reports
- Quality control checks during the works
- Guaranteed power plant availability during repowering
- Certificate of completion
- Functional tests
- Comprehensive hand-over to the customer and the O&M team