BayWa r.e. Operations Services in the UK is proud to share its latest whitepaper exploring the importance of repowering and revamping solar parks. This is not only a topical issue in the UK market, but also on a global scale, with numerous assets now exceeding 20 years in age and some major manufacturers for modules exiting the market. Future-proofing ageing solar farms, therefore, has become a key point of consideration for asset owners and O&M providers.
In this whitepaper, BayWa r.e. discusses important questions for the solar industry including:
- The difference between repowering and revamping;
- The advantages of repowering PV assets including but not limited to the ability to improve their performance and lifespan, reduce operational and maintenance costs, and integrating with the latest technology; and
- Challenges and solutions that can be expected in the repowering and revamping journey
Morgan Harris, Managing Director for BayWa r.e. Operation Services Limited, commented: “In light of the energy and climate crisis, repowering and revamping aging utility-scale solar projects has never been as important as it is today. It is a profitable investment that extends the lifespan of solar parks, making them as efficient as possible.”
The solar industry in the UK has already started to take advantage of these benefits. Read more about BayWa r.e.’s recent work in this field below:
- Future-proofing investment at Kingston Solar Farm
- Repowering of Lake Farm solar park in Wiltshire
You can read the full whitepaper here.