Due to our dynamic growth, we are expanding our team in Edinburgh/ United Kingdom and are currently looking for an Asset Manager to join our Commercial Asset Management team.
- Day to day financial management of the assets, including ensuring liabilities met as fall due, VAT recording and reporting, performance of financial controls, and ensuring revenue received promptly under terms of power purchase agreement
- Stakeholder management and reporting, including provision of and discussion in relation to regular management accounts, budgets, cash-flows, and forecasts to external owners of asset as required; attendance and facilitation of Board Meetings as required,
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and year end statutory accounts.
- Liaising with external auditors to manage and assist the audit requirements of the solar and wind assets under management.
- Working with project owners across Europe and local teams in Edinburgh to ensure processes are set-up appropriately to ensure good management of existing assets and a smooth handover of new assets coming online.
- ICAS / ICAEW / ACCA qualified or equivalent.
- Experience of working for either a finance / asset management team or coming from an accountancy / audit practice background.
- Proven track record of reporting deliverables to senior stakeholders.
- Experience of reviewing work produced by colleagues and external sources.
- Some experience of accounting software used for SME, SAGE Line 50 in particular preferred.
- Familiarity preparing / reviewing month end and year end journals.
- Comfortable reviewing and working with contracts.
- Experience of financial controls and VAT reporting
- Experience of reviewing and considering tax computations.
- Flexible skill-set and enthusiasm for a varied role.
We can offer you exciting challenges as part of a growing team where personal and professional development is encouraged. It practically goes without saying that a friendly and cooperative working environment is part of our company culture. As part of the BayWa r.e. renewable energy network, you will benefit from flat hierarchies with short, fast decision-making channels. Our integration into BayWa AG provides security and the opportunities for further development that you would expect of a company this size.