Operations & Maintenance
Our extensive operations & maintenance services for solar projects in the UK is based on 20 years' experience and a large portfolio of plants developed and/or supported by BayWa r.e. As owner and service provider for investment funds, banks, international investment companies and community-based energy cooperatives, we look after a large number of photovoltaic projects across the UK.
Our approach has been to build a strong, local presence that leverages our core central resources in an efficient way, capitalising on our technical expertise, systems, processes and most importantly on BayWa’s financial strength.
- Bespoke O&M services meeting individual client and site demands
- Advanced H&S culture ensuring the interests of our clients and the wellbeing of our employees
- Expertise in HV & LV electrical operations and support
- 24/7, 365 data monitoring
- Integrated data management, storage and backup systems
- Enhanced data system security through our data monitoring system
- Single point of communication with dedicated account managers
- High availability and premium access to spares through global relationships with suppliers
- Site performance and generation improvement analysis
- Fast response times for critical works
Commercial Asset Management
BayWa r.e. provides a comprehensive range of operational, financial and administrative services. We manage the day-to-day issues raised by our customers, suppliers and service providers which is a crucial factor for optimum project operation and performance.
- Comprehensive corporate / SPV management on administrative and financial level
- Dedicated accountancy and asset management team with relevant experience in renewable energy generation assets
- Management of revenue streams and obligations
- Efficient management of all commercial, financial and corporate work streams, addressing the requirement of all types of lenders and investors
- Monthly reports cover: accounts, budget forecasts, invoice status, corporate updates, Board minutes, claims updates
- ROC & FIT processing, invoicing and budgeting
- Contract management and secretarial activities
Expertise and Quality
Based on our long standing experience in operating photovoltaic systems we offer the following advantages.
- Reliability and security - A local company supported by a global holding group ensures financial strength and business longevity; rest assured we will be with you for the duration of your project
- Knowledgeable and experienced - Our UK project managers, asset managers and site managers all possess substantial solar PV expertise, backed by our international corporate service network
- Value for money - Our portfolio, one of the UK’s largest, spans regions and technologies; incorporating your additional assets will enable greater cost efficiencies that we pass on to you in our service fees
- Rapid response - Given our geographical spread and mix of centralised and local resource, we can offer rapid response times. We have also built strong working relationships with DNOs, equipment suppliers, OEMs and local support contractors, helping to resolve issues quickly
- Support network - Given our existing portfolio, we have a network of partners able to provide additional support in key areas where flexibility of resource is paramount
- Aligned interests - We are an independent service provider and our experience of developing and operating our own projects means we have a deep understanding of asset owners’ requirements and gives as the ability to form strategic alliance with our prospective clients
- Communication - Each project is allocated a dedicated, experienced Project Manager, with back-up built into our team structures, both locally and centralised delivering best value and continuity of service
UK Geographical Reach
Our solar services teams are spread across key locations throughout UK with offices in Edinburgh, London and Milton Keynes (opening Q1 2017). Our people combine years of technical and commercial expertise which ensures smooth and reliable service provision.