Operations Project Manager Wind (m/f)
BayWa r.e. – a forward-looking international company!
The renewables sector offers unparalleled opportunities for both professional development and the chance to make an active contribution to sustaining our natural environment. BayWa r.e. offers fascinating roles with great prospects in the fields of wind power, solar energy, bio-energy and geothermal energy. Our business activities include trading, project development and realization, consultancy services and technical/commercial operations management. We have positions at our locations in Germany (head office), Europe, Asia, Australia and USA.
We are looking for:
BayWa r.e. Operation Services Limited – a subsidiary of BayWa r.e. renewable energy GmbH – is responsible for the operations management of wind energy projects and the operation and maintenance of solar PV plants all over UK and Ireland. Due to our dynamic growth, we are expanding our team in Edinburgh or Milton Keynes (United Kingdom) and are currently looking for a
Operations Project Manager Wind (m/f)
- Responsible for a portfolio of wind farms and ensuring that all OM works are undertaken in accordance with the agreed contractual scope.
- First point of contact for clients on issues in the projects with responsibility for organising regular update calls and producing monthly reports.
- Ensuring that all projects are integrated into the BayWa r.e. Control Centre.
- Identification, selection and management of local companies to undertake works.
- Ensuring works are organised to maximise performance and safe operation of the plant.
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out under the approved UK HSE system and/or in compliance with other industry rules and regulations including WTSR and CDM Regulations.
- Ensuring that all local requirements are arranged, e.g. site inductions and inspections, either through the coordination of a local site manager or personally.
- Assist with regulatory issues on behalf of the client, e.g. communication with local authorities.
- Working with the Projects team to define the required scope of operational services, including creation of a civils/electrical maintenance plan and a smooth transition into operations.
- Attending sales pitches and conferences/industry events in order to generate sales leads.
- Background in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical/Electronics.
- Proven track record in Project Management of operational wind farms.
- Experience in the operation management or O&M of wind farms.
- Knowledge of SCADA systems as well as analysis of technical data.
- Sales experience are an advantage.
- Knowledge of HV systems are an advantage.
- Proven track of working with institutional investors are an advantage.
- Attention to detail with an emphasis on safety.
- Naturally well prepared and organised, able to deal with competing priorities, manage a diverse workload and meet targets and deadlines.
We can offer you exciting challenges as part of a team of professionals. Furthermore, the international focus of our company will open up excellent future prospects for you. As an expanding supplier in the renewables sector, we create opportunities for personal and professional development. It practically goes without saying that a friendly and cooperative working environment is part of our company culture. As part of the BayWa r.e. renewable energy network, you will benefit from flat hierarchies with short, fast decision-making channels. Our integration into BayWa AG provides security and the opportunities for further development that you would expect of a company this size.
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you are interested in this role and believe you have the necessary skills and experience, please send a copy of your CV along with a short covering letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, including details of notice period and salary expectations.